Greetings, fellow food enthusiasts and culinary explorers! Today, I’m thrilled to unveil a recipe that’s close to my heart and has enchanted palates at Food And Meal restaurant—our beloved Holiday Sugar Cookies. As a seasoned food blogger and passionate chef, I know that the holiday season is a canvas for creating memories through food. These cookies are more than just a treat; they’re a journey into the heart of the holidays, a symphony of flavors that capture the magic of the season.
Holiday Sugar Cookies
- 1 bowl
- 1 rolling pin
- 1 oven
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 cup milk
- In a bowl, mix butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the creamed mixture.
- Add in milk.
- Stir well and cover and refrigerate for 30 min.
- On a floured surface with a rolling pin, roll out dough to one fourth inch thickness.
- Cut out cookies into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place at least 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 min.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Makes four dozen.
Why Our Holiday Sugar Cookies Are Exceptional
What sets these cookies apart is not just their delectable taste, but the experience of making and sharing them. The cookie dough, infused with vanilla and a touch of warmth, comes together effortlessly, while the decorating process lets your creativity shine. As you frost each cookie with vibrant colors and sprinkle on whimsical decorations, you’re creating memories that will be treasured long after the last crumb is enjoyed.
Frequently Asked Questions: Your Baking Companion
- Can I freeze the cookie dough for later use? Absolutely! Shape the dough into a log, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, and freeze. When ready to bake, slice the frozen dough and bake as directed.
- What’s the secret to achieving soft and chewy cookies? To keep your cookies soft, slightly under-bake them by removing them from the oven when the edges are just set. They’ll continue to cook as they cool.
- Can I use different types of cookie cutters? Absolutely! Get creative with a variety of shapes to suit different occasions. Just keep in mind that larger and more intricate shapes might require slightly longer baking times.
- Can I make the frosting ahead of time? Certainly! Prepare the frosting and store it in airtight containers. When ready to use, bring it to room temperature and give it a quick stir before decorating.
- How do I store leftover decorated cookies? Store your decorated
Nutritional Information of Holiday Sugar Cookies
As a food blogger and experienced chef, you understand the importance of providing accurate and helpful nutritional information for your readers. While the exact nutritional content of Holiday Sugar Cookies can vary based on portion size, specific ingredients, and decorating choices, I can provide a general overview of the typical nutritional components found in these delightful treats. Please note that these values are approximate and can vary based on the recipe’s variations and ingredient choices.
Nutritional Information for 1 Standard-Sized Holiday Sugar Cookie (Approximate Values):
- Calories: Around 100-120 calories
- Total Fat: 5-7 grams
- Saturated Fat: 3-4 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Cholesterol: 20-30 mg
- Sodium: 40-60 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 12-15 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 0-1 grams
- Sugars: 6-9 grams
- Protein: 1-2 grams
Serving Suggestions: Elevate Your Holiday Celebrations
Wondering when and how to showcase these delightful Holiday Sugar Cookies? Let me guide you through some enticing serving suggestions that will elevate your holiday celebrations:
- Cookie Decorating Party: Gather friends and family for a cookie decorating extravaganza. Set up a decorating station with colorful frostings, sprinkles, and edible decorations. Let everyone express their creativity and enjoy their masterpieces.
- Gift Giving: These cookies make charming gifts. Arrange them in decorative boxes or tins tied with festive ribbons. They’re perfect for spreading holiday cheer to neighbors, teachers, and loved ones.
- Festive Dessert Table: Place a platter of these cookies alongside other holiday desserts like peppermint bark, mini pies, and hot cocoa. Their cheerful appearance will add a touch of magic to your dessert spread.
- Holiday Movie Night: Pair these cookies with a classic holiday movie marathon. Enjoy them with mugs of hot chocolate or spiced apple cider as you snuggle up with loved ones.
As you embark on your Holiday Sugar Cookies journey, I invite you to share your baking adventures, photos, and stories with the world. Let’s spread the joy of the season through these delicious creations. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and loved ones and subscribe to our blog for more culinary inspiration. Happy baking, and may your holidays be filled with love, laughter, and irresistible cookies!