In the realm of culinary creativity, where ingredients take center stage and flavors collide in harmonious complexity, emerges a confection that marries the nutty allure of walnuts with the timeless appeal of sugar cookies. Walnut sugar cookies, a delectable fusion of textures and tastes, elevate the art of baking to new heights. With each bite, a symphony of sweetness and earthiness unfolds, inviting both the curious and the connoisseur to explore the intriguing world of this unique treat.
walnut sugar cookies
- 1 bowl
- 1 oven
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Add the flour into a bowl. Take the bowl and mix all of the above-mentioned ingredients into it. Then, add the walnuts into the mixture.
- Now, pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake it in the oven preheating to 325 degrees F for almost 20 minutes.
- Enjoy the baked walnut cookies!
Tips and tricks
- Choose Fresh Walnuts: Opt for fresh, high-quality walnuts. Look for ones that are not rancid and have a crisp texture.
- Toasted Walnuts: Consider toasting the walnuts before adding them to the dough. Toasting enhances their flavor and adds a delightful aroma to the cookies. Spread them on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chop Evenly: Chop the walnuts into uniform pieces to ensure even distribution throughout the dough. This prevents some cookies from having an excessive amount of nuts while others have too few.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Allow your butter and eggs to reach room temperature before using. This aids in proper mixing and results in a smoother dough.
- Creaming Process: Cream the butter and sugar thoroughly until the mixture is light and fluffy. This step helps incorporate air, leading to a softer texture in the finished cookies.
- Balancing Flavors: Consider adding a pinch of salt to the dough to balance the sweetness and enhance the overall flavor profile.
- Chilling the Dough: Chill the dough for at least an hour (or as the recipe suggests) before baking. Chilled dough is easier to work with and results in cookies that spread less during baking.
- Rolling and Shaping: Roll cookie dough into consistent balls to ensure even baking. This can be done using a cookie scoop or your hands. If the dough becomes too sticky, lightly flour your hands.
- Even Spacing: Place cookie dough balls with enough spacing on the baking sheet to allow for spreading while baking.
- Baking Time: Watch the baking time closely. Walnut sugar cookies can brown quickly due to the higher fat content from the nuts. Bake until the edges are golden and the center is set.
Nutritional ingredients of walnut sugar cookies
Here’s an approximate breakdown of the nutritional components you might find in a typical walnut sugar cookie. Keep in mind that these values can vary based on the specific recipe and ingredients used. These values are provided per average-sized cookie.
Note: The values provided are rough estimates and can vary based on portion size, specific ingredients, and recipe variations. Always refer to the specific recipe and ingredient labels for accurate nutritional information.
- Calories: Around 120-150 calories per cookie.
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 15-20 grams of carbohydrates per cookie.
- Sugar: Typically 8-12 grams of sugar per cookie, primarily from the added sugars in the cookie dough.
- Fat: Roughly 7-10 grams of fat per cookie, coming from the butter and the walnuts.
- Protein: Usually around 1-2 grams of protein per cookie.
- Fiber: Generally around 1 gram of dietary fiber per cookie, largely from the walnuts.
Additionally, walnuts are a good source of healthy fats, including omega-3 fatty acids, and provide various vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin E and magnesium. While the nutritional profile of walnut sugar cookies might be slightly higher in calories and fat compared to traditional sugar cookies due to the inclusion of walnuts, the nuts bring their own set of nutritional benefits, making them a more nutrient-dense choice.
Serving suggestion walnut sugar cookies
- Tea Time Harmony: Pair walnut sugar cookies with a cup of your favorite tea for a soothing and indulgent tea time treat.
- Nutty Ice Cream Sandwich: Sandwich a scoop of vanilla or caramel ice cream between two walnut sugar cookies for a delightful and slightly indulgent dessert.
- Cheese and Cookie Platter: Serve these cookies alongside a selection of cheeses, dried fruits, and nuts for a unique and sophisticated cheese platter addition.
- Whipped Cream Topping: Top a walnut sugar cookie with a dollop of freshly whipped cream for a light and airy contrast to the nutty crunch.
- Coffee Connoisseur’s Choice: Accompany a cup of rich, dark coffee with a walnut sugar cookie to complement the coffee’s depth of flavor.
- Yogurt Parfait: Crumble walnut sugar cookies over a bowl of Greek yogurt and mixed berries for a balanced and wholesome breakfast or snack.
- Dipped in Chocolate: Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate, allowing it to set for an extra layer of indulgence.
- Picnic Essentials: Pack walnut sugar cookies along with fresh fruits, a selection of cheeses, and a bottle of wine for a delightful picnic spread.
- Nutty Charms for Kids: Create a kid-friendly treat by rolling the edges of the cookies in colorful sprinkles for added fun and appeal.
- Gourmet Dessert Plate: Arrange walnut sugar cookies on a dessert platter with other baked goods for an elegant presentation at gatherings.
- Culinary Gift: Bundle a batch of walnut sugar cookies in a decorative box or jar and offer them as a thoughtful homemade gift.
- Breakfast Energy: Pair these cookies with a glass of milk for a quick breakfast on-the-go, especially if you’re looking for a balance of sweetness and energy.
- Trail Mix Mix-In: Break up walnut sugar cookies and add them to a homemade trail mix with other nuts, dried fruits, and perhaps a touch of dark chocolate.
- After-Dinner Delight: Serve these cookies after a hearty dinner as a satisfying and lightly sweet way to conclude the meal.
- Holiday Indulgence: Incorporate walnut sugar cookies into your holiday dessert table, adding a touch of nutty richness to the festive spread.