Welcome to the heartwarming world of festive baking, where the aromas of cinnamon and butter blend with the anticipation of shared moments. It’s a pleasure to have you here, fellow food enthusiasts and passionate bakers, as we embark on a delightful culinary journey that brings together the expertise of an experienced chef and the artistry of the Food And Meal restaurant team. Today, we unveil a recipe that has taken the holiday season by storm – the enchanting Kris Kringle Thumbprint Cookies.
Kris Kringle Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 bowl
- 1 oven
- Basic sugar cookie dough
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate
- Take holiday sugar cookie dough, and working with half of the dough, leave the other half in the refrigerator until ready for use.
- Pinch off 1 Tbs.
- and roll into a ball.
- Roll the ball into the beaten egg white and then into the chopped pecans.
- Place the balls on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Dip your thumb in the flour and create an indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Repeat this procedure until you have nine cookies on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10 min, and remove from the oven.
- Take the back of a measuring teaspoon and re-imprint the indentation.
- Return the cookies back to the oven, repositioning the baking sheet, and bake for 10 min, or until light golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool for 5 min.
- Use a metal spatula to remove the cookies and place them on a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat this procedure with remaining dough making sure to let baking sheets cool completely before proceeding.
- Store the unfilled cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to six days.
- Fill each thumbprint with a teaspoon of jam or melted chocolate allowing the chocolate to set for 10 min, before serving.
- Serve the cookies within several hours of the filling, but they can be stored in an airtight container for a day.
- Makes 18 cookies.
FAQs: Your Baking Queries, Answered
- Can I use different types of preserves for the thumbprint filling? Absolutely! While classic raspberry and strawberry preserves are delightful, don’t hesitate to experiment with apricot, blueberry, or even fig preserves. Let your creativity shine!
- Can I make the dough in advance and bake later? Absolutely. Prepare the dough, shape it into a log, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate. When ready to bake, simply slice, create the thumbprints, fill with preserves, and bake as directed.
- How do I prevent the preserves from overflowing while baking? To avoid spillover, slightly indent the thumbprints again after adding the preserves. This will provide ample space for the cookies to expand without making a mess.
- Can I freeze these cookies? Definitely. Once baked and cooled, place the cookies on a baking sheet in a single layer and freeze. Once frozen, transfer them to an airtight container or freezer bag. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
- How do I store any leftover cookies? Store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. If you’re looking to savor them over a longer period, freezing is the way to go.
Nutritional ingredients of Kris Kringle Thumbprint Cookies
At the heart of Kris Kringle Thumbprint Cookies lies a delicate balance of ingredients that come together to create a cookie that’s both irresistible and satisfying. Here’s a breakdown of some key nutritional elements:
- Butter: Butter provides the luxurious melt-in-your-mouth texture that makes these cookies so delightful. While it contributes to the overall richness, it’s important to enjoy it in moderation.
- Flour: The flour forms the base of the cookie and contributes to its structure. While it’s a source of carbohydrates, it’s also important for achieving the desired texture.
- Fruit Preserves: The thumbprint center of the cookies is filled with vibrant fruit preserves, adding a burst of natural sweetness and flavor. Opt for preserves with reduced added sugars or consider using homemade fruit compote for a healthier twist.
- Nuts: Some variations of Kris Kringle Thumbprint Cookies include finely chopped nuts, which offer a crunchy contrast to the cookie’s tender crumb. Nuts provide healthy fats and protein, making them a beneficial addition.
Serving Suggestions: Creating Memorable Moments
Kris Kringle Thumbprint Cookies are more than just a treat; they’re an invitation to revel in the holiday spirit and create unforgettable moments. Here are some exquisite ways to enjoy them:
- Festive Gatherings: These cookies are the star of any holiday dessert spread. Serve them at family dinners, office parties, or cozy gatherings with friends. Their visual appeal and delightful taste make them a crowd-pleaser for all ages.
- Cookie Exchange: Join in the joy of a cookie exchange by bringing a batch of Kris Kringle Thumbprint Cookies. Their individuality and irresistible taste will leave your fellow bakers in awe.
- Gift-Giving with Love: Package these cookies in elegant boxes or mason jars tied with a ribbon. They make heartwarming gifts for neighbors, teachers, and anyone you want to share a piece of holiday magic with
As you embark on this baking journey, remember that Kris Kringle Thumbprint Cookies are more than just a delightful dessert – they’re a testament to the love and dedication that go into creating holiday memories. We invite you to experience the magic of these cookies, share them with loved ones, and spread the joy of the season. Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog for more culinary inspiration, and we’d be thrilled if you shared this recipe to inspire others to create their own moments of holiday magic. Happy baking, dear friends! 🎅🍪